8/29/2006

The IT Job Seeker’s Song

Real Media Windows Media

I published the lyrics to the song I wrote for the McDonald’s I/S Career Conference at IT Toolbox last week.

Here is me performing it. I apologize for the poor audio. Also, I forgot the 2nd line when the song speeds up – which is interesting – I had gone through the song 20 times or more that morning – pressure.

Also, I re-wrote the last line after I performed it. It flows smoother now but I wanted you to see what it was like live. Expect a new version – just me and my guitar in my office – soon.
Enjoy!

On You Tube...


(Played slowly)The server crashed at 2pm as accounting ran financials
A blue screen buffer overflow the impact was substantial
I had hoped today, to have time to study for my certs
But the firewall is issuing exploit alerts

(quickly - high energy)
They wouldn't sign for the disaster plan
I begged and pleaded when I spoke to them
But they just talked about a "fiscal year"
And now they want to get me out of here

I need a job where they respect my skill
Where every day is not a fire drill
Not asking for another dotcom craze
(spoken) Well, maybe a little of that dotcom pay

But what I'd really like is gratitude
Some recognition for the things I do
A team where we all take a turn at bat
Where can I find an IT job like that (dramatic pause)...
You deserve a break todaySo submit your resumeTo McDonald's...I'm Lovin' It! (IT that is)

No comments: